Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 16: It's Official, I've Drank the Koolaid



I never saw this coming.... Today I woke up in full on beast mode, ready to take over the world. Apparently I have drank the Crossfit Kool-Aid and didn't even know it happened.

Last night around midnight I decided to wake up early and head to my once dreaded, now excited for, 9am Crossfit session. Maybe it is the fact this is the last week I get to workout with Lena and I am trying to marinate in her presence... or maybe it's the fact that I feel like a total badass throwing weight around the gym like a dude. Either way, I'll take it. Crossfit, two thumbs up.

This morning we worked with Josh. He also happens to be Joeys new trainer for this challenge. Joey always comes home looking like he has punched in the stomach and now I know why. Dude has no sympathy and I love it. This morning our skill was dead lifts and cleans. Then followed by the 10 minute AMRAP with 10 deadlifts, 10 cleans, and 5 burpees. Check us out:
 

 
 
Look, I am slow, but I own it. I only got through three rounds, but man, I wanted to die after the first four minutes. Weight lifting is hard! 

To put the cherry on top, once we were done with AMRAP, Josh sees we technically have 15 minutes of class left and sends us over to the turf for abs. I don't know if you have ever heard of a Turkish getup, but seriously, fuck that. They suck. I hate it less than burpees, but it is a very close second. Anyway, we ended after those and we went over to the treadmill where I found Q looking at me as if I were crazy...And I actually might be.
 

The fact I did Crossfit in itself wasn't the crazy part. What made it nuts is the fact I had a training session with Q two hours later. I am used to this two a day situation, but it is usually one weight session and one strait cardio session. A good 6 hours apart... Not two hardcore training sessions back to back. 

I brought this on myself, as such, don't think for one second that the fact I did Crossfit in the morning made Q go any easier on me than she normally would. She didn't. We went hard with high reps. I did single leg presses 25 reps each, medicine ball throws, patty cake planks, bicycle crunches, 60 sumo squats with escalating weight, and some kind of torture where I sit down and hop up like a bunny 25 times. She made me do three rounds of these and I loved every second of it. 

I am either turning into a meat head or have completely lost my marbles. Either way I'm cool. The endorphins that I get when training are like nothing I have ever experienced. My favorite part of the day is working my ass off in this gym. 

Wait, who the hell is this and what has she done with Nicole?! I think the other Nicole is back in the basement painting, channeling all this new found energy with a glass of wine... Simultaneously talking to her best friend about the awesome afternoon she had creating art with her friend. So, I don't know who your going to talk to, but one of us will talk to you tomorrow.