Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 6: Treat. Yo. Self.



These last couple of days have been rough. I have been on a roller coaster of emotion. One minute being strong and excited and the next a ball of nerves unable to get out of my head. I also haven’t been getting more than 4 hours of sleep at night. I felt the crash coming and it was scaring me.

Let me explain. I don’t “talk about feelings” with people. Ironic coming from someone chronicling a 90 day transformation journey, I know; but that is one of the reasons why I am doing this. I am forcing myself to open up, be venerable and work through my issues. Writing is a lot different for me than talking. With writing, I don’t have to see the concern in the face of a person or hear the pity in their voice once I confess my weaknesses. I can control what I release by pressing the delete button.

I do however, occasionally wear emotion on my face... which is the worst. Then people ask me what the hell is wrong because I am not smiling or joking around like normal. I usually just brush over it or make something up to satisfy the question and force a smile. Until today. This morning I was training with Q and towards the end she mentioned she noticed my energy level seamed low.  I said “yeah, it is. We’ll talk after the session”. In my head I just planned on telling her I wasn’t sleeping and wanted some advice or supplements to take. What actually happened was I finally opened up to someone about my physical insecurities. I think Q may have missed her calling as a therapist. She listened, said some very insightful things and gave me a lot to think about. It was a much needed release and I am grateful to have found someone I feel safe enough to talk to about the journey.

I left the gym with a more stable outlook and went to my studio and started tinkering around. Overall, I had a very productive day (something I am noticing is a definite side effect of working out). Another side effect to working out is being able to fit into your clothes better and walking with more confidence. I found this out at 5 o’clock when I started getting ready to go out to a cabaret in DC. My skin was clearer, my face was brighter, and my legs were stronger.  I put on a little black dress, heels, and hair, and celebrated life and a week well done with my husband and friends.

 
I had a glass or three of wine, let all of my negative emotions and self-doubt go, and indulged in the decadent and opulent atmosphere of SAX DC. I had the best time I have had in months. I felt sexy, loved, and free. I am ready to tackle next week. 

So cheers to you friends, and remember to Treat. Yo. Self.  It is good for you. I will talk with you tomorrow.