Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 13: Gym, What Gym?



I woke up this morning to one of my favorite things, a house full of people. (I'm quite serious, I love company. We have an open door policy, everyone is always welcome.) See, we have a fully stocked bar in our basement and one rule, if you are drinking here, you are staying here too. Friends don’t let friends drink and drive. So needless to say, I woke up and cooked breakfast for everyone.

Ugh, let’s just talk about trying to cook a healthy version of a regularly fattening and delicious breakfast pastime.

One of my most favorite breakfast food objects is french toast casserole in all of its fattening glory. Mmmmm butter, whipping cream, white bread, maple syrup. Yes. PURE deliciousness. This whack adventure consisted of wheat bread, sugar free syrup, skim milk, and cooking spray. Ugh it tasted like cardboard. Thank God for cinnamon and nutmeg, otherwise there would have been no flavor at all. I do have the best friends a gal could have though, they were all so kind to pretend to like it, even though I told them they didn’t have to eat it. Note to self: come up with better healthy recipes for groups.
Needless to say, I had big plans for the day, but it all went to hell as soon as we sat down and started watching Kevin Hart stand-up. He is so hilarious, it just sucks me in. I finally got up about 3pm and headed out for work. I worked until 8ish then headed home.

I wish I could say I went to the gym today, but I didn’t. I did, however, walk around IKEA for an hour dodging horrible people and small children coming at me from every direction... but at least I still ate healthy, it’s the small victories that get me through.