Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 18: BEST. DAY. EVER.



Okay, so first thing before I get into my SUPER exciting news… YAY, I did Crossfit again and it was awesome. Josh instructed, and he is dope. We learned how to do Clean and Jerks and I had way too much fun dropping the weights on the floor. I was like a really awesome bull in a china shop. I’m glad we had a good time because it was the last time I will get to morning WOD with Lena; she is leaving me to go influence young minds and going back to teaching. I will miss her at the gym VERY much…. But I will still get to see her because she loves me, so Yay.

Now on to the most exciting news in my world. Wednesday I got a sweet message from a friend of mine, Julie, who has been reading the blog and wanted to introduce me to her friend Andrea who is kicking ass on this same journey. What I didn’t know at the time is what a badass this woman was. I did a little bit of internet stalking and quickly realized that I had just met someone who is a constant inspiration to THOUSANDS of women who are all on this journey with us. So OF COURSE what else was I to do but message her and spark up a conversation. I couldn’t have made a better decision.
Andrea is the owner, operator, blogger extraordinaire from Thick to Thin, a clothing company that started as a blog in 2011. Her “rants” chronicle her struggle from size 18 to size 6. The blog morphed into a clothing company shortly after when she realized that all workout clothing is made to be geared towards your typically sized athlete. With how much I have read about this company and this woman, I could tell you, but I will let her do it instead:


Thick2Thin // About Us from Altamira Film Co. on Vimeo.
 
My initial message informed Andrea that she was awesome and I am awesome, so naturally we should get awesome coffee sometime soon.  What came next took me by complete surprise and I have been on cloud 9 ever since. Andrea tells me that she has read my blog and thinks I am hilarious and would love it if I could guest blog for them sometime. This in itself almost put me in tears because I could not believe that she, of all people, took the time to read my little ole blog…. But that wasn’t it. She then asked me if I would consider being in their video shoot this weekend for their new Kickstarter campaign to gather funding and awareness to bring affordable and fashionable athletic gear to every woman, no matter her shape and size because #weareallathletes
I may still be in shock that I get to be a part of something this monumental. This particular subject is incredibly close to my heart; not only am I a size 18, but I am also 6 ft tall. I can’t find a decent pair of workout clothes to save my life. So off I will go Saturday morning to meet 7 other beautiful women to tell our stories and hopefully begin to change the world of fitness clothing as we know it. I am so blessed and completely overjoyed.  I’ll talk to you tomorrow.