Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 51: Crossfit for Dummies



I still want a cheeseburger. In fact, that is all I have been telling anyone who will listen to me. I want a cheeseburger and a glass of bourbon. Damn. It. I really want the bread more than anything. I think I would be happy with a salmon burger at this point.... with ketchup. I would very much like some ketchup.

So now that's out of the way, I had a pretty productive day. I woke up and went to Crossfit. I love/hate Crossfit, truly. This was the first time I did the "real" Crossfit class, the other times were just "elements", which is basically Crossfit for Dummies. The class was good, I was the only one in it. Marci instructed, I like her a lot. She is "nice"... as nice as someone can be who is forcing your body to do something that it reeeaalllyyy doesn't want to do at all. I cursed a lot. Shocker.

Deadlifting was the strength portion of class. I started with the 45 pound bar, then added 15 to each side, then 25's, then 40's, and tapped out at 125 pounds; which is what I stayed with. My first round was under 2 minutes. The rest, well, lets just say it wasn't under two minutes. It was super slow. I am not used to lifting heavier weight. This is the first time I have ever deadlifted anything over 80 pounds. The more I did, the dizzier I got. During round three, Marci asked if I wanted to stop, but I pressed to go one more. I was cool. I am not going to let myself pass out.

 
The WOD originally called for 5 rounds and instead of bench dips, it called for ring dips.... but Marci is amazing and modified it for my beginner self. She rocks! I felt like a badass at the end of class.

The rest of the day was wildly productive. I got home and organized my garage (I can finally park back in my spot, YES!), cooked lunch, ran to see a home I will be staging, stopped by the warehouse, headed to Fairfax for a design consult, drove home, cooked dinner, watched an episode of House of Cards, and now I am blogging.... I do this all while struggling to choke down a gallon of water. At 10:56pm, I finished the gallon.

Drinking this much water is the biggest struggle I have. Q is convinced the reason I have been sitting at the same weight for the last 4 days is because I am retaining water.... 'cause I'm not drinking enough. Well, today I drank enough, so I guess tomorrow morning I will see if there is any movement. I will let you know, talk to you then.