Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 55: Swimmy Swim Swim



Today was good, I got back in the pool for the first time in about a year. Ryan, Joey, and I went down to our neighborhood gym. Ryan ran 6 miles while Joey and I went to the pool. He stayed 30 minutes before his tendonitis started acting up and I stayed an hour swimming laps before I went to retrieve Ryan from the treadmill. We came home, hung out for a while, then Ryan and I went off to have dinner with some friends.



Ugh, dinner. A moment of weakness in my life. See, I am tempted to drink every single day; I have a bar in my basement. So far, I have been able to keep it together and restrain myself. I was pretty stressed out this evening, so I decided to say fuck it and order a glass of Malbec. Well, I ordered it, it came, and I stared at it... then I stared at it some more, then I tasted it... And then it hit me. I am stronger than my oppressor... I ultimately decided there was no need for me to have the wine. It was against everything I have been working for... So, I simply said I didn't like it and pored it in Ryan's glass and that was that.

I happily ate my salmon and asparagus and then we headed over to catch a movie. We went to see Chappie. It was terrible. Can't win them all. Either way, I shall not fear, for tomorrow will be awesome. I'll talk to you then.