Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 52: I Might Be a Unicorn



Successful two-a-day, check. I am freaking exhausted right now. I really want to go to bed, but I feel compelled to write... and also Ryan, Joey, and I are watching Star Wars, so I can't very well go to bed yet. There is supposed to be a massive snow storm tomorrow, so the boys are staying up late with the HOPE good ole OPM shuts down. Fingers crossed.

I am tired because I went back to Caesare's  Kettlebell class for the first time in several weeks and after this mornings training session with Q, my arms were the last thing that wanted to get worked out. Our KB class consisted of 2 rounds of 7 one minute intervals. We did soccer kicks, squats, twists, partner plank rows, partner pass's with mountain climbers in between, and two versions of abs... you are on your back and in one version you have your knees up and reach from above your head and lift the KB and your shoulders off the floor. The second your legs and arms are strait up and you bring your shoulders up. (I don't know what they are called, so I thought I'd explain.)  I used the 27 pound kettle bell this time and it felt a little on the light side for some of the exercises, so I am going to have to bump up again.

Now, for the reason I am a unicorn.  Every girl with big boobs knows how awful it is to bounce up and down for ANY reason. That shit hurts. Well, during the KB soccer kicks, you are basically just jogging in place, which means a lot of jiggle, so I keep my arms up and my hands prepared to grab the girls when the jiggle gets too much. Really, I look like a prancing pony, but unicorns are waaayyyyy more sparkly, so duh. I dubbed myself a unicorn. Caes agrees, I am definitely a unicorn. Thank God that man did not have his camera.

 
Note: I realize this could be construed as I am a mythical creature who can't be found in a gym, but we all know that's not true... and rats are ugly... so I am redefining Gym Unicorn as the sparkly creature who prances around the local gym getting in real work. I am a PROUD Gym Unicorn.
 
My unicorn self was killing it this morning. Q had me doing rounds of the following: walking lunges, leg press, curls with resistance on the way down, weighted rows, and a machine that you pull the weight down with one arm while your elbow is tucked into your side. I don't know how many rounds we did, but it was a lot. The most exciting thing for me is we were waiting on the leg press, I looked over and saw the bench press, so I asked Q if I could try it. I did and it was AWESOME! Apparently I did 90 pounds. Two 25 pound plates and a 40 pound bar. I was so jazzed that I was able to do it, I went for a second round of 6 and made her take a picture.
 
 
I REAALLLYYY love lifting weights, like a lot... and the fact I am slowly building this upper body strength that I never thought I would is like the highlight of my life.
 
One of the highlights of my day started out first thing this morning. Yesterday I mentioned that Q was convinced my weight has been stagnate because I do not drank enough water and was retaining fluid. Yesterday was the first time I had actually drank the recommended gallon... so this morning I hopped on the scale and SURE ENOUGH Q was right... I finally saw the scale move. I was down one pound from the previous 3 days. So again today, I have drank well over a gallon and hope for more movement tomorrow. So off to bed for me, I'll talk to you tomorrow.