Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 53: Snowbody Can Stop Me Now



It is a winter wonderland outside, so OPM closed the government… which meant my two favorite Airmen were home for the day. Over the morning we mostly just laid around watching Walking Dead and Sleepy Hollow, about 10 Joey started asking “We going to the gym?”, Me: “Yeah, one more show”. We decided to leave at noon. I really thought the snow would be bad enough by then that we couldn’t go, but I was wrong. It wasn’t bad at all yet, so off we went.

Joey put together a workout from Men’s Fitness and I started out with some cardio doing 30 minute interval training with the incline ranging between 3 and 18.5. I was sweating like a pig. When I had 3 minutes left, Joey wondered over to ask if I wanted to do abs when he was done with his next set. Well, duh. Yeah. I like working out with Joey, he makes me push myself harder than I would on my own. Once I was done with the interval training, I wondered over to Joey to find him on the bench press killing it. I had to take a picture of his face. This is the face of a man putting in work, for real.

When Joey finished we went over to the turf and did 3 rounds of the following: Decline Sit-ups, Mountain Climbers, 12 reps; Mountain Climbers, 20 reps; Russian Twists, 20 reps, 35 pound Kettlebell; Roman Deadlift, 12 reps, 35 pound Kettlebell; Bicycle Crunches, 20 reps; Back Extensions; and Side Extensions.
I was so SO dead by the end it. We were at the gym for 2 hours. I am going to be so sore these next few days. I haven’t don’t anything like this, ever. I felt like Wonder Woman. I wish I was Wonder Woman, because that would have meant we could fly home, and that would have been so much better than the shit we had to deal with. We are in the middle of a Snowpocolypse 2.0 up here and there are cars stuck everywhere.
 
Thank God we made it home one piece. I am certainly not getting back out there in this non-sense today. I am going to snuggle up right on this couch, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.