Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 54: Adventures in Sobriety



This mornings workout was, lets just say, tiring. Q had me do a timed obstacle course that consisted of 4 rounds of 20 squat presses with 45 pound bar, 90 pound sled push, tire flip, 20 battle ropes, and ten 14 pound medicine ball slams. My best time was 2 minutes 35 seconds on the second round, worse was 3 minutes 40 seconds on the third round. I hate tire flips. Tires feel dirty. I don't like it.

After the course we went over to the stair climber for 15 minutes. Color me surprised I was able to stay on that thing so long without completely dying. I mean, I was dying, but I didn't die. Does that make sense, lol?

I stuck around the gym a few minutes chatting with Q, went out and ran a few errands. (Fran, I got my reduced sugar ketchup, finally!), then headed home to debate for the next 5 hours whether or not I was going to go out for a friends birthday tonight. I ultimately decided against it. I am 2 weeks sober into a 6 week plan and I still feel volatile. It is easy to say no during the day and when I am out to dinner, but going to a bar at night, I really don't know if I could do it so, I ultimately decided not to take the risk, no matter how sad I was I didn't get to see Mal for her birthday.

Instead we met up with some friends and all decided to all be sober together. We went and played a game of Laser Tag then headed over to the bowling ally for 4 games of cosmic bowling. I had a freaking blast. Laser Tag was amazeballs and bowling, well, apparently lifting weights for real ups your game... or maybe it was the whole not drinking bit. I don't think I have been in a bowling ally sober since high school. I was actually good! I was tossing a 13 pound ball down the lane like it was a rag doll, my arm wasn't even tired! We bowled from 9:30 to 1 am. Maybe this whole 6 week sobriety situation won't be so bad. I'll talk to you tomorrow.