Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 26: Drip, Drop, Drip, Drippity, Drop



That's what my nose is doing right now. Also, I may have cracked a rib I'm coughing so hard.

I woke up this morning and made another noble attempt to be productive. I cleaned my house, unpacked my car, cooked breakfast, and went to the gym. I decided to keep my PT appointment today because I could not lay in bed a second longer. I figured the best thing to do was sweat it out.

For the most part I was right. I told Q my equilibrium was off, and begged her to take it easy on me. If I was to do anything that required me to complete quick movements I may have passed out. She ended up putting me on my good friend the treadmill and jacked it up to level 20 and did interval cardio training. After finishing, I spent 30 glorious minutes in the sauna. I was happy to be out of the house and even happier that I felt better for the two hours I was there. 

Unfortunately, the momentary lapse in sickness didn't stick. Once I stepped out the sauna, within 20 minutes I was back to feeling like complete hell. I sat at the smoothie bar chatting with Matt before heading home. He told me about a cold remedy they sell down at the Mexican grocery store that was the best he ever had. He even ran down there and grabbed me a box. Unfortunately, it hasn't done much in the way of making me feel better. On the upside, it has definitely dried me out and I'm coughing less... so I guess it's a small victory. I should have stuck with the yellow box instead of the blue box like he recommended. Silly advertising tricking me with their "cough suppressant". The original is always better.

Well that's enough wining for one evening. I wish you excellent health and a fabulous weekend. I'll talk to you tomorrow.