Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 46: Do You Boo



Today was quite the adventure! I was supposed to stage today, but mother nature is back to her old tricks and ended up snowing us out, so we had to reschedule for tomorrow. Instead, I used today to run all of my errands I would have done Friday... except for one very awesome inspired surprise.

I started off the day running to Gainesville to meet Andrea from Thick to Thin to pick up items for this weekends Combine where I am a vendor. I left there and headed to Alexandria to see my stylist Caitlin for new color. For the last year I have been doing super fun colors, pinks, blues, purples, oranges, yellow, greens... whatever mood I'm in really. Today was pink and orange. It's fabulous, I love it.

 
As I was sitting in the chair I felt inspired to go get a tattoo. There is a saying that really spoke to me at the beginning of my journey. As a matter of fact, I posted it on Day 21 of this blog. I even went out and bought an engraved bracelet to always have it near me. So, today I decided to get it on me permanently to celebrate 45 consecutive days of a successful lifestyle change. I stumbled upon a shop in Arlington where there were two artists that really impressed me with their portfolio... so I decided to chance and see if one of them was available. It was a sign, because Amy rounded the corner and it was on. We discussed what I wanted and decided to do it in two phases. I got the quote today and after the challenge, in early April I will get the background (which will be watercolor flowers). I am so pumped. It is going to be so rad. This is it so far:
 
 
 
After I left Rick's, I headed over to Del Ray to go meet up with friends. Ed was in town from Ohio, so we all got together for dinner. Let me tell you, eating out on a strict diet is hard as hell, but I managed to do it. They didn't have sweet potatoes, so I just had plain Salmon and green beans, no butter or hollandaise. As soon as I got home, I cooked my sweet potato and it was delicious. It was a great evening. We found out Ed was just selected for Chief and that couldn't be more spectacular. There is no one more deserving that him. I love you Ed, CONGRATS again honey!
 
We ended the evening around 8 and back home we came. Overall, it was an amazing day. I had a phenomenal time just doing me. And now I am super tired, so I am going to take my behind to sleep. Goodnight beautiful world. I will talk to you tomorrow.