Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 45: Next Level Ish



Welp, today is half way point of my little adventure. I asked Q to take my measurements to check the progress. We measured my waist, leg and hips. I have lost a total of 6.25 inches. The largest loss coming in at my waist with a little under 4 inches. I don't know what I was expecting, I guess some kind of miracle, because I surely thought 6 inches seemed low. Q assured me I was crazy and this was actually better than she expected, so we are certainly on track.

Day 45 is not something I was exactly looking forward to because I knew what it meant. The first half of this journey was getting me used to eating clean and cutting back on alcohol, the next 45 days are going to be me kicking it into overdrive and saying goodbye to everything except eggs, coconut and almond milk, protein powder, plain oatmeal, green veggies, spinach, brown rice, quinoa, couscous, sweet potatoes, and fish. I was kind of stressed out about it because I was scared I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think I will be okay. I keep reminding myself I have gotten this far. I can do anything for 45 days.

Throughout the day I had organic plain oatmeal and 3 eggs, a protein shake, salmon, green peas, baby spinach, cod, baby sweet potatoes, and mixed long grain brown rice and quinoa. Check out my pretty fish with its 4 different rubs. I used wasabi, Dijon, jalapeno sriracha, and horseradish mustard. I had the sriracha and Dijon today. OMG Delicious. I think this is the first time I have ever had cod. I may be in love.

 
 
Other than the regimented eating, my training is being taken up a notch too. This morning I did something called a grid-iron workout which included 4 rounds of sled pulls, battle ropes, tire flips, 14 pound medicine ball tosses, kettle bell swings, and planks till failure. It was exhausting, but good stuff. I intended on going back tonight for KB class, but I got caught up packing for tomorrows staging and didn't get out of the warehouse until 6:30, so I missed it. Honestly, I probably got just a good if not better of workout in at the warehouse moving couches, pulling down tables and chairs, and packing up accessories for 3 hours. Trust me when I tell you my job is not in the least bit sedentary and I LOVE that!
 
On that note, I must be off to get my beauty rest as tomorrow's property is a big'n and I will need the energy. So, goodnight my loves, I'll talk to you tomorrow.